This six-piece tea-utensil set finely crafted in Fuzhou City is a must for a Gongfu tea ceremony. The tea set includes:
- A spoon/scoop to place the tea leaves in the brewing pot. This is essential, as the oils from your fingers could otherwise influence the taste of the tea.
- A funnel to facilitate pouring tea from the brewing pot into the sharing pot/teapot without spilling.
- Tweezers/tongs to lift the drinking cups and savor the tea’s fragrance when they are too hot to handle.
- A scraper to remove used tea from the brewing pot after use.
- A poker to remove leaves that might have gotten caught in the spout of the brewing or teapot.
- A needle to clean out the brewing pot.
The Chinese call these tools the “Six Gentlemen.” We recommend that you invite them to your next tea ceremony!